Landlord Letting Insurance

A number of insurance firms offer landlord specific insurance packages to cover against a range of unexpected problems. It is vital that the landlord arranges insurance, which is offered through a number of letting agents but can also be arranged separately. It is the landlord's responsibility to arrange building insurance and to insure the furnishings of the home that are included on the inventory. It is the tenants' responsibility to have contents insurance to protect their belongings and furniture.

Types of Landlord Insurance

  • Buildings insurance to cover the rebuilding or major repairs to a home
  • Contents insurance to cover items on the inventory
  • Liability insurance to cover issues such as personal injury claims by tenants
  • Loss of rent insurance to cover any damage or building work, which makes your property unrentable for a period of time

For more information about contents insurance and providers visit our Landlords Insurance page.

See also: Rental Search, Letting Agent Directory